Yonkers Mayor Spano Appoints New Members to The Parks & Rec, Landmarks Preservation, Zoning and Planning Boards
YONKERS, NY – June 29, 2012 -- Yonkers Mayor Mike Spano today announced the City’s newest members of its Parks, Recreation & Conservation, Landmarks Preservation, Zoning Board of Appeals and Planning Boards. The eight new board members have been appointed to fulfill vacancies and unexpired terms.
Mayor Spano commented, “These members are highly qualified for their respective boards, with impressive careers and community activity that certainly will benefit Yonkers and its residents. I thank them for their time and commitment to the betterment and future of our community.”
The new Parks, Recreation and Conservation Board members (of 7) are:
· James Letsen – real estate executive (new member; term from 1/1/12 – 12/31/14)
· Joseph Tinelli – nationally certified landscape technician; former President of New York State Turf and Landscape Association (new member; term from 1/1/12 – 12/31/14)
· Jason Wilson – Roosevelt High School teacher and basketball coach; former Yonkers Parks Department Camp Director (reappointed; term from 1/1/12 – 12/31/14)
· Theodore Winnicki – former President of Yonkers Federation of Youth, Inc., and of the Bryn Mawr Boys and Girls Club (fulfilling vacancy; term from 1/1/12 – 12/15/13)
The Parks, Recreation and Conservation Board makes recommendations regarding basic park policies and parks related programs; develops long-range plans for parks, open space acquisitions and facility development in conjunction with the Planning Board and the Parks Commissioner; approves matters related to parks regulations, uses and fees.
The new Landmarks Preservation Board members (of 11) are:
· Charlie Hensley (General) – International theatre producer, stage director and performer; term from 1/1/12 – 12/31/13)
· Maysoon Rabaa (Real Estate) – real estate sales executive (new member; term from 1/1/12 – 12/31/13)
The Landmarks Preservation Board Reviews proposals for demolition, removal, new construction, alteration or repairs which would alter the exterior appearance of any building, structure, site or object in a designated historic district or of a designated landmark. Board also conducts initial review and public comment process and makes recommendations on the designation of historic districts by the Yonkers City Council.
The new Zoning Board of Appeals member (of 7) is:
· Jeffrey Landsman – Yonkers realtor and zoning consultant (fulfilling unexpired term expiring 12/31/12)
The Zoning Board of Appeals hears of individuals aggrieved by an order, requirement, decision or determination of the Director of the Bureau of Housing and Buildings or by an officer, department, board of bureau of the City; rules on applications for variances or zone changes.
The new Planning Board member (of 7) is:
· John Khader – President/CEO of Top Class Limousine; former member of Board of Directors, Yonkers Chamber of Commerce (fulfilling vacancy; term from 1/1/11 – 12/31/13)
The Planning Board is responsible for approving master plans and changes to the City map; makes recommendations to the City Council on zoning ordinance and amendments; reviews site plans for certain zones, overlays, parking requirements for land use and special use permits.
Mayor Spano swore-in the newest members to the boards today at City Hall.
SOURCE: Press Release